The Cognitive Frailty Interdisciplinary Network is excited to launch their Interdisciplinary Mentoring Programme! We are looking for mentors and mentees interested in ageing, cognition and physical function from a wide range of backgrounds.
Our mentoring programme is aiming to bring together: Biogerontologists, neuroscientists, psychologists, social scientists, health services researchers, practitioners in health and care, industry partners, policy organisations, charities, and the voices of older people.
Mentoring describes a relationship in which a mentee is supported through a learning or developmental journey by a mentor. It’s a two-way relationship in which both parties get the chance to learn new things and further their personal development.
An interdisciplinary mentoring relationship can:
- provide an outside perspective on the research area of the mentor, and provide help to make the research more translatable
- help share experiences from a different background, putting ideas in a different perspective
- Facilitate decision making by suggesting alternative ideas based on the experience in a different discipline
- Help to bridge the gap and facilitate communication between different disciplines
- Give insight from outside an area of expertise.
- Become familiar or adopt ideas and practices from a completely different field
- Enable understanding of the challenges of transferability between disciplines and developing methods to overcome them
- Develop skills to communicate across disciplines
- Build valuable connections from different disciplines
If you are interested in taking part in the CFIN interdisciplinary mentorship programme as a mentor or mentee, please fill in the following online survey:
Remember, you can be a mentor and a mentee at the same time.
If you are not already a member of the network, please join CFIN here!
If you are interested, please fill in the forms by 28th February 2023. Based on the interest, we will suggest mentor and mentee matches by the end of March.
Any Questions? Email the CFIN Network Manager, Nikolett Dravecz (email@example.com)