Aims & Purpose
The committee ensures that equality, diversity and inclusion is considered and supported at all stages throughout the network.
The Committee will:
- Be responsible for the promotion of equity across all nine* protected characteristics across network activities including funding calls and network meetings;
- Respond to national changes to the equality, diversity and inclusivity agenda by updating the ECMage Operational Group as appropriate;
- Advise on the monitoring of the diversity of the network;
- Suggest recommendations for participants in the network from under-represented groups;
- Consider opportunities to encourage a greater diversity of members to join the network;
- Give guidance to the Operational Group Meeting Chairs on encouraging diverse representation at meetings.
*age; disability; gender reassignment; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity; race; religion or belief; sex; sexual orientation.